Countdown to Cinco de Mayo 2017: Day 6 – Mexican Beef and Zucchini
*Mexican Beef and Zucchini Recipe & Photos Courtesy of Low Carb Yum
We loved those Mexican stuffed peppers (from Day 5 on our countdown list) so much so that we wanted to highlight another similar recipe: this Mexican beef and zucchini dish!
But it gets even better. Not only is packed with flavor (and heat, thanks to good ol' Fuegorita) but it's one of the healthiest dishes to have up your sleeve for the big day and it will surely satisfy any low carb dieter out there.
Which one will we choose to have on our table for Cinco de Mayo? Um...ahhh...hmmm... well we're certainly torn, so why not have both!?
- 2 medium zucchini sliced and quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
1 can Mexican style diced tomatoes with green chilis (salsa or diced tomatoes could be used), 10 can
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add tomatoes and remaining spices. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.