Countdown to Cinco de Mayo 2017: Day 1 – Grilled Cilantro Shrimp Tacos
*Grilled Cilantro Shrimp Tacos Recipe & Photos Courtesy of TL's Cucina
With a name like Fuegorita, you can't go wrong guessing we have Mexican roots.
Not only do we use the hottest peppers from Mexico, but our co-founder's (Carmen's) parents are from Mexico!
So it's safe to say above all other major holidays in the year, the upcoming holiday celebrating Mexico's Day of Independence holds a special place in our hearts.
That's why, over the next two weeks, we'll be highlighting some of our favorite Mexican dishes in preparation for one of our most favorite days of the year: Cinco de Mayo!
From mouthwatering recipes to exciting cultural and historical viewpoints, we'll get you ready for the one day in the year where adding the heat and flavor of Fuegorita will perfectly compliment virtually everything you could possibly eat and drink in celebration.
Follow us on social to see full recipe photos across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest... enjoy!!
- In a large bowl, season shrimp with paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, and salt. Toss gently to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine Cilantro, Jalapeno, Lime zest, Line juice, shredded cabbage, salt and sour cream. Stir well to combine and refrigerate to chill.
- Using 2 bamboo or metal skewers poke through the top and bottom of the shrimp and push down to the bottom of the skewer. Continue to add to the skewer, 4 shrimp per skewer, so they have room and cook evenly.
- Right before you put the shrimp on the grill, brush each skewer with a generous amount of avocado or olive oil, to prevent sticking.
- Grill over high heat for 3 minutes, brush the top side with more olive oil, flip, and let cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from skewers & set aside for taco assembly.
- To assemble the tacos on the tortilla. Add a little of the slaw mixture, followed by 4 shrimp, then top with a little more slaw, the cilantro salad dressing and a squeeze of lime juice.